Mark Hill is a qualified and experienced Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. Mark is accredited by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). Mark offers 1-to-1 sessions in Chorley and is able to offer sessions by Skype or telephone.
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
· Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Practice in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - University of Cumbria.
· Solution Focused Interventions - UCLAN
· Postgraduate Cert. in Primary Care Mental Health Care Practice - UCLAN
· BSc (Hons) Psychology – Lancaster University
· Accredited by British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
Mark worked in the NHS for 10 years as a psychological therapist. Mark enjoyed working as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner in the community before completing his training as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist in 2011 at the University of Cumbria. Mark began working as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist for the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service that serves most of Lancashire. He was later promoted to the roles of Locality Lead for Greater Preston, and then to Clinical Lead for CBT in Long-term Conditions. Mark has worked extensively as a clinical supervisor of CBT practice. He has been responsible for providing clinical supervision to trainee and qualified CBT therapists. Alongside his NHS role, Mark delivered a number of guest lectures at the University of Central Lancashire.
In addition to offering private therapy sessions at the Lancashire CBT Therapy Centre, Mark works as a Lecturer for the PGDip Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapies courses in the Department of Education and Psychology at the University of Bolton.